We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
19 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendations

I am looking for a hotel--something relatively quiet, not too expensive, and close to everything. Any recommendations?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
160 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendations

It's hard to answer this one without a budget as "not too expensive" is a relative thing.

Check these out:

Hotel Arco Iris - www.hotelarcoiris.com

Pueblo Dorado - www.pueblodorado.com

Hotel Tropicana - www.tropicanacr.com

Tamarindo Yam - www.tamarindoyam.com

Casa Sueca - www.casasuecatamarindo.com

Luna Llena - www.hotellunallena.com

Laguna Del Cocodrilo - www.lalagunadelcocodrilo.com

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendations

www.hotelcapitansuizo.com for me great pool location right on the beach...

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,852 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Nice options listed above already, not much to add except that I have always been a fan of Capitan Suizo myself.

Cheers

Inca

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Also agree...good list...

roadadvisor

encinitas,calif.
Level Contributor
944 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendations

love capitan suizo. have stayed 5 times. the staff is great. the rooms are great. easy to walk into town on the beach during the day. can't wait to go back.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendations

I would also recommend Capitan Suizo. I love the location and the layout. It is just far enough away from the action to be quiet and relaxing, but close enough to take advantage of everything Tamarindo has to offer.

Chicago
Level Contributor
19 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Thanks for the recommendations! I did wonder--do most people fly into Liberia and travel by taxi or shuttle to Tamarindo? I am having trouble looking up flights connecting through San Jose with Nature Air. Any ideas?

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Flying into Liberia is definitely recommended. It is a 45 minute-1hr drive to Tamarindo from Liberia. The only negative is that flights into Liberia are much more expensive than flights into San Jose.

Nonstop fllights from New York to San Jose can easily be had for $300, but nonstop flights from New York to Liberia are rarely less than $600. From Chicago, you could fly into Liberia from Houston, Atlanta or Miami (depending on your preferred airline - CO, Delta or AA).

Chicago
Level Contributor
19 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Recommendations

There is a considerable price difference between the Hotel Arco Iris and the Hotel Capitan Suizo and both are rated high. I can make some assumptions from the pictures as to why but wondered if anyone had any input on both of them so I could use it to choose.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Recommendations

You're right, that is why I didn't include it with my original list because you indicated "not too expensive".

I think that for the money the Arco Iris is a very good choice. It's walking distance to everything. The pool is very nice and quiet and the rooms comfortable. The "Seasons" restaurant on-site is excellent also.

Of course Suizo is right on the beach but as you say there is a big price difference. I don't think you'll be disappointed with Arco Iris.

Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo