We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
346 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

I'll be arriving solo traveler 8/12/10 for a month and am wondering how the nightlife is in the area for a 40'ish guy. NOT looking for a hook-up joint, but generally a decent/safe place to hang out drink/dance/talk /eat with the tourists /locals.

I'm staying in middle of town so anywhere walking distance is fine...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

Tamarindo is not that big at all...in a few hours you will find your way...just do not get in trouble!

Common sense and low profile...

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

There are several Happy Hour places around. Nibbana would be good where locals and tourists gather round the bar and talk. Nougi's is another great place to hang out. Sharky's would be a good choice any evening. Friday nights the party is at the Best Western, Saturdays at Pacifico in the circle. Late night stuff at the Agua Disco.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
346 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

Ty all for the advice..Very excited....2 more weeks

South Carolina
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

just returned from a month in Tamarindo. Fun, and as stated above, the town is small. It's not hard to find your way. The scene in town is daytime fun, early (ish) dinner, a dead time from after dinner until about 11 or later, then the nightlife.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
346 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

thanks for the info..I am a late night guy..;)

Near Stanford U.
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

I'm in town .... and believe me a month might be a bit too long in Tamarindo. This is a very small town (about 6 blocks from one end to the other).. Great places to eat but little nightlife. Hopefully you surf since that's the main draw to Tamarindo. You are also coming in their wet winter...heavy rains in the early evenings.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
346 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

I am mainly going to be your Stereotypical Beach bum...Doing absolutely nothing...

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

Don Hector has it about right, except I've been here 12 years and still not bored.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
346 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

Nice..I won't get bored. I want to relax and experience the Culture/people(locals and tourists). I have the free walking tour planned for the 2nd day I am there. Maybe go on an atv tour sometime in the 3 weeks. Enjoy the food/bars/beach...Can't wait..

10. Re: Bars/Night Clubs/nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 06:35
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo