We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo Preserve location

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
366 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tamarindo Preserve location

Husband and I with two kids (ages 14 & 11) are planning a week vacation in March. I'm currently looking at a condo or villa in the Tamarindo Preserve. This appears to be a good location...close to beach, privileges at Beach Club and close to restaurants and town. But is it as good a location as the condo owners state? Is it that close to beach? Is the beach calm enough for the kids to swim. I like the fact that the units I'm looking at are in small complexes, really don't want a high rise. Any drawbacks to this spot? Any input really appreciated! Thanks all.

Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
685 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarindo Preserve location

We are going in January and staying in tamarindo at the Mango Beach Condominiums. They look pretty sweet on the web. If you are set with the Tamarindo Preserve, go for it. Just another option. Check out the site: www.tamarindorentals.com, click on condominiums.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarindo Preserve location

The Tamarindo Preserve is a very nice, upscale place. The restaurant is excellent and is one of the best, in a town filled with great restaurants. Try the chicken curry! Or have a Crepe! Really good. The location is not on the beach, but it's just across a dirt road. The beach in front is fairly calm. Go a hundred yards south and its even calmer. Sorry you didn't say how old the kids. Always, always, give any ocean a lot of respect. Don't see any drawbacks.

The Mango Center is also very, nice. Maybe less expensive and you can buy Day Passes to Tamarindo Preserve Facilities. They are within a 100 yards of each other.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarindo Preserve location

Perfect...thanks for the lead on the Mango Center I also contacted them to compare prices.

4. Re: Tamarindo Preserve location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2011, 06:39