We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking at night

Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
700 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
walking at night

So we have a condo rented in Tamarindo, walking distance to many places, may rent a car for 3 or 4 days out of the 11 days there. Just wondering is it safe to walk at night, if out to eat and then out for a few drinks, walking back to condo about 11 p.m. or midnight.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking at night

Yes, but I wouldn't walk on the beach at night. I wouldn't drive at night either, there are too many obstacles in and along the side of the roads.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: walking at night

I would drive inside of Tamarindo or anywhere the lighting is ok. The problem is really the country roads where most don't have street lights and there are often people without reflectors or lights, plus cars have been known to hit cattle... pretty ugly scene. Also, the road shoulders can be unforgiving.

The answer is to drive extra slow and don't drink and drive. If you're older and don't see so well at night, good idea to have a sober "spotter" riding shotgun.

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking at night

What is the dange in walking on the beach at night? I saw another mention of this on a website that specifically referenced the circle. What's the concern?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: walking at night

The Circle is near the campgrounds, and while the degree of the problem is not what it was a few years ago, it remains the center of the drug activities. I don't think I need to go into the dangers of making a drug deal with strangers on a dark beach next to a camp site.

5. Re: walking at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 06:16