We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local tour

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
local tour

My trip is just 3 days apart, i just want to know if i should book the tour on line in these 2 days or i should check in local area when i arrive?

Is there any more tour to bring u go to see turtle nesting? or look at the new born turtle running into the ocean? I search on web that playa Grande have chances to see it, but night time no one can go into the beach. that means i have to join the tour for sure? Is there any other way i can see it?

Please any suggestions and advise?

Mentioned in this post
Playa Grande
Playa Grande
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local tour

I think you better wait until you arrive to book tours...

To see turtles nesting or look at the new born...yes great chances at Playa Grande...and yes again you most have to join a tur...since the nesting areas are regulated by the national Park System...and only groups with certified guides or park rangers are allowed into the area...

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Playa Grande
Playa Grande
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: local tour

During nesting season, often you can see the little turtles scampering off into the ocean during the daytime. Really fun to watch and you can't help but want to protect them from the preying bird, however. I'm told important for them to make the trip to the ocean on their own, if at all possible. Sometime the feeding birds get out of control! One baby turtle looked like he even waved goodbye with his little flipper, as he ducked under his first little wave.

3. Re: local tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 10:19