We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langosta Estuary

Alaska
Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Langosta Estuary

My husband and I and 3 friends will be staying at Barcelo Langosta in March. I have seen several people mention swimming in the estuary next to the hotel. I was wondering if there are crocodiles. I read that there are crocodiles in Tamarindo Estuary but didn't know about Langosta.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Langosta Estuary

Maybe some people who have kayaked or guides in the southern estuary next to the Barcelo can tell us. I'm curious too. I live very close to it and haven't heard anything about trouble with them.

In the northern estuary, yes, I've seen them inside the estuary, especially in the interior. However, sometimes they'll swim toward the mouth of the estuary and scare some surfers, then swim back to their nest for a good alligator laugh.

Alaska
Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langosta Estuary

Thanks for the reply surfsponger. I'm sure the surfers don't find it as funny as the crocodiles :) Anyway, I hope someone can answer.

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Langosta Estuary

We had the same concern. We are at the Barcelo Langosta now and I asked our tour Rep. He said much further inland there have been sightings, but none near the ocean. Today there were many people as far as I could see up the estuary.

Enjoy your stay.

4. Re: Langosta Estuary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 05:28