We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Suggestions

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
289 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Suggestions

2 females will be traveling to Playa Hermosa for a week in early November. We're flying in/out of Liberia. We'd like to spend another 3 or 4 days at the end of our trip but don't know where. Any suggestions for someplace with a local feel, nice beach that wouldn't be too terribly far from Playa Hermosa or Liberia. I heard Samara was good. Any comments or suggestions? We'll be using a tour company highly recommended who I've already been in touch with for transportation and a few tours; don't want to tackle the driving issue. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

Tamarindo is much closer to Liberia than Samara. Here are some links with beach photos and a feel for the town.

www.famouspoints.com

www.tamarindocosta-rica.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

Samara is about 3 hours maybe a little less...from Tamarindo...nice beach...nice little town...

But I agree with my amigo surfsponge...Tamarindo can be better for you guys...

roadadvisor

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

Playa Hermosa- pretty quiet, nice beach

I'd head to some action next like Tamarindo an hour away -good restaurants-surfing-shopping-activities

Or real close like 10 minutes- Playa Coco- good bars-souvenier shopping-bad beach

4. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo
Recent Conversations