We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer?

Seaford, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Beer?

How big are the beers in Tamarindo? When I was in Aruba the bottles and cans were 7 or 8 ounces only. No 12 ounce beer anywhere.

I have read that beer is priced pretty low in Costa Rica. Is that because they are priced low or because they are not in 12 ounce bottles like we get at home in the U.S.?

Thanks

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer?

Can size is similar to Canada 300+ something ml. Cheaper to buy your own at the grocery store for around 600 colones. Pilsen has a promotion going that gives you 33% more per can for free. Hope they still have that when you are visiting. Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer?

Yes please....

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer?

You can get it even cheaper if you buy the large returnable bottles. Not sure the exact size but similar to a 40.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer?

Imperial beer is the best in Costa Rica in my opinion same size as a 12oz in the states. Never did care for Pilson but most people would mention Imperial as a good beer. Yes beer is always cheaper everywhere in the world at a grocery store and so it is in Costa Rica.

Collie

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer?

People have different tastes and Pilsen is more bitter than Imperial but also has a higher alcohol content. Have to agree with above that the litre returnable bottles are the best buy but if you are on vacation the initial cost may not be worth it. Best for the environment in the long run tho! You get 50 ml short of 3 cans for about 1100 col so if you do the math almost 3 cans for the price of 2.

Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer?

The beer is generally very good, and you can't go wring with an Imperial. Though my beer of choice there is Bravaria Dark. Enjoy!

7. Re: Beer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 17:19