We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

My fiance & I will be in Costa Rica for our honeymoon in Sept. We plan to spend the first 2 nights at Arenal, the next 3 nights in Monteverde and the 4 remaining nights in Tamarindo. We already have hotels in mind for the other 2 places (although am open to suggestions!), but am desperately looking for a hotel in Tamarindo. We want a place right on the beach, but is not overloaded with families with kids nor emptying our pocketbook. Since this is our first time here, we will be relying on the hotel staff to point/help us choose & book tours/adventures. We liked places like Casa Cook and Hotel Arco Iris. Are these good places to stay? Any other places worth looking into? THANKS!!!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,241 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

Capitan Suizo is great if you can swing it www.hotelcapitansuizo.com/index.php?english Arco Iris is not on the beach as far as I know. The Diria has beach front too. More will chime in soon.

Cheers

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
2. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

Arco Iris is not on the beach.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
765 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

Go with Casa Cook. If your budget will allow, check out the Blue Lagoon.

www.tamarindo.com/bluelagoon/

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
112 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

We're staying at Arco Iris next week, so I'll be sure to report back on our thoughts. As other posters have noted, it is not beach front, but I believe it is less than a 5 minute walk to the beach.

The owner, Richard, and another employee, Fanny, have so far been excellent to work with as far as setting up airport transportation, dinner reservations, etc.

We also considered Casa Cook, but the rooms at Arco Iris look to be nicer. The restaurant at Arco Iris, Seasons, is also very highly rated. The TA reviews for both places are very high, so you probably can't go wrong.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,953 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

Hotel Tamarindo Diria...no beach front bungalows in Tamarindo...

roadadvisor

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
69 posts
6. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

sueño del mar B&B ,or Blue Lagoo nice house there

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
104 reviews
7. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

I recommend Sueno del Mar or Capitan Suizo. You can not go wrong with either option.

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
8. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

Thanks everyone for the input! We have decided to go with Capitan Suizo. I'm so excited! Wish we could go already.........

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

Where did you decide to stay in the Arenal? My fiance and I are trying to figure out what we want to do for our destination wedding. I can't decide if we should have the ceremony and stay the first few days in an Arenal location and then move to a location in Tamarido or what?!

Any suggestions would be helpful!

encinitas,calif.
Level Contributor
981 posts
46 reviews
10. Re: Nice beachfront hotel/bungalows in Tamarindo?

if you can get a bungalow that would be the nicest. they have outdoor showers and its really nice to sit on the patio and have a drink. if bungalow 5 os available or number 4 they are the closest to the beach and have a beautiful view from the bed... congratulations!!

Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo