We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation

2 posts
Save Topic
Vacation

Where is the best place to stay with a two parents and 22, 18 and 15 year old. They want fun and we would like to walk to most resturants. We are looking at the Flamingo Beach Resort...should we get all-inclusive if we are planning three or four days of excursions?. PLEASE HELP!!

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation

Not a great selection of restaurants within walking distance in Flamingo. You'd be much better off in Tamarindo, maybe take a look at the Diria.

www.tamarindodiria.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation

Costa Rica is not a good AI destination...the best is Westin Conchal...far from everything...also RIU...but also far...

You can check maybe some nice places aroun Manuel Antonio National Park area...like Los Altos...incredible nice 3 bedrooms condos nice and new!

roadadvisor

3. Re: Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2011, 15:50
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation

And you do provide good information...besides insulting others!

As far as I know Westin Conchal is in the great province of Guanacaste as well as RIU...so that is not appropriate information...?

I think is nice to give potential visitors other alternatives...for some reason they visit TA forums...

Love my great country...free speech...!

roadadvisor

Edited: 16 August 2011, 07:04
5. Re: Vacation

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation

I do respect you point of view... but again Westin is in Guanacaste just miles from from Tamarindo...as wel as RIU...I beleive that are ways to let people know about other parts of our country that can also be a good choice..

I really do not think I´m hurting the country that I love.... I´m just giving general information...I hope people will visit Manuel Antonio or Tamarindo...or Uvita or Potrero, etc, etc......and hopefully they taste the real flavor of my country Costa Rica!

Also you can read my answers in any of my post I use the word such...I do have a lot of respect for people in this forum...sorry that is not a word that is part of myvocabulary...my English is poor but no low!

roadadvisor

Edited: 16 August 2011, 07:31
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation

I don't think local businesses appreciate someone posting in the Tamarindo forum that the hotels in the area that the original poster is considering visiting basically suck,..

.just a short clarification...

My English is broken and not good...but at any of my post I have had never used the word suck...again my English is terrible bu not low!

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation

The original post is asking if they should go all-inclusive.

In my opinion, with the ages of the family and the fact that they're looking for restaurants and shops etc. I would say Tamarindo. That is if you're flying into Liberia. All-inclusive for me would be a shame as Tamarindo has such a vast array of good restaurants. If you did want to go the AI route, then the Barcelo Langosta may bit the bill.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
345 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation

I agree while all inclusive are nice in some countries I feel in costa rica you would be missing alot at staying at one. Costa rica has so much to offer pick a great hotel and venture out from there.

10. Re: Vacation

Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo