We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo in general question

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
513 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Tamarindo in general question

HI,

I was told Tamarindo is the clossest distance to airport Liberia, as I have to fly to Toronto around 10 a.m. With the anywherecostarica.com team after touring Monteverde and Arenal I was advise if I want to stay 6 nights they choose Tamarindo.. What you can tell me about this place (I would like a place where you can walk, visit the area, not much lying on the beach for hours).

The reason I am thinking of going with this company is because of the transportation. I am traveling alone and at least I can be assured to be taken from one point to the next (especially from the airport to Monteverde and the from Arenal to Tamarindo). I thank you any informatin sent.

Playa Flamingo...
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarindo in general question

Tamarindo is a touisty area that is not very large. It is easy to walk around and visit the many shops and restaurants. It is right on the beach so perfect for watching the sunset, catamaran tours, etc. You can take many excursions from there so I doubt you will get bored.

I hope you enjoy your trip. Costa Rica is a wonderful place.

www.happierthanabillionaire.com

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarindo in general question

I like Tamarindo because there is a lot going on vs. many of the neighboring beaches. You can choose to lay on the beach all day or you can take surf lessons or go on the many tours. It's a cool surfer town with plenty of restaurants and bars of all types so it's easy to find something for everyone. :-) My favorite place to stay is Hotel Captain Suizo: www.hotelcapitansuizo.com/index.php?english. This is a little bit out town so if you want something closer, you can check out this site: http://www.tamarindo.com/

Enjoy!

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarindo in general question

Just as another option- you can also get around with shuttle buses such as Interbus. Tamarindo is close to Liberia (around 50 minutes drive). Good place if you want to get out and socialize.

www.interbusonline.com

4. Re: Tamarindo in general question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 02:18