We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation options

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
transportation options

My wife and I are interested in traveling to Tamarindo this November and would appreciate any tips/options for traveling into the city. ?Fly into SJ then shuttle? ?Fly into SJ, shuttle flight into airport that is closer then shuttle? ?Any idea what the weather is like the tail end of November?

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation options

You might want to fly into Liberia airport, if it is possible. It is much closer to the beaches. The locals say that the rainy season is from May to November. The rain doesn`t fall all day, however...they assure me! Is there a reason you chose Tamarindo, rather than another beach area? This area is a busier area than many of the other beaches on the Pacific coast. We just got back from the area last week.

2. Re: transportation options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2006, 20:27
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation options

I flew in San Jose then flew on Nature Air right into Tamarindo. The drive from Liberia is about 3 hours so not fun. The flight is fun and like a flying tour bus. you can see these guys as www.natureair.com

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
243 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation options

If at all possible fly into Liberia. When you get to Liberia you can either rent a car or contact Juan @ tamarindoshuttle@hotmail.com. I have done both. It is about a one hour ride to Tamarindo. Tamarindo is fun; no need to spend more than three days there. Arenal, Monteverde, and Manuel Antonio are all great destinations.

Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo