We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

The only time to come down based on kids...we fly into Liberia on the 23rd and have a reservation at the Guanacaste Marriott for nine nights. It is my wife and I and two young boys. Ideally, we would be on a beach where I can surf and my wife can get separate lessons. We do not want to have to do a lot of driving or any. It seems that town would be better but we can't find a place yet. Can you surf in front of the Marriott? Is it too isolated? Will we get bored there? Any other suggestions? thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

The hotel you are staying at offers Surf lessons. Tamarindo is the best spot close to the hotel and you can also find many surf shops in tamarindo where you can rent surf boards and book surf lessons, it should be cheaper than booking it at the hotel. There kayak and snorkeling tours you can also book on even sunset cruises etc, you should not be bored

Edited: 05 October 2011, 23:40
Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

I highly recommend getting in touch with Point Break surf, who consistently get excellent reviews.

www.pointbreaksurf.com

3. Re: Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2011, 21:45
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

Oh, no! More of Carlos C and Memo Adventures. I think that Carlos is going for a one-day record of the most posts for a business on Trip Advisor in one day.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

the barcelo in playa langosta is a great spot and the area is very family oriented. langosta is very close to the main town of tamarindo....about a 5 minute drive, but the town of langosta is very family oriented and peaceful. your boys should have a blast over there. also....there's a great surf instructor who works out of there and does GREAT with kids. he can also take you to a bunch of breaks outside of town. www.crsurflife.com is the site to contact him. good luck and have a great trip!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
132 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

The Marriott, though a gorgeous property, is very isolated from Tamarindo, even though it is located right next to it. There is no direct acces into Tamarindo and you have to drive on a very bad road for about 15 to 20 minutes to get into Tamarindo. If you want to enjoy a luxury resort by all means stay at the Marriott, but if you want to experience Tamarindo I would try to stay closer in at maybe one of the condos in Langosta or Tamarindo. Also be aware that over Christmas/New Years Tamarindo can be very crowded and may get a little crazy on New Years Eve - tends to attract the under 30 crowd. Have fun!

Tamarindo
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

You can ask the staff at the Marriott how to get to the beach club at Playa Avellanas. It is not in the Marriott but is in the same resort community. They have rental boards and you can surf Playa Avellanas. There are lessons there on small days and for advanced surfers, Little Hawaii gets well overhead. pinillarentals.com/page-pinilla-beach-club-%… You may have to pay a day pass type fee for use of the facility but is has a pool and day care facilities for the kids, restaurant and is right in front of Little Hawaii

8. Re: Christmas / New Years - plan with two boys (4-6) and surf?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2012, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo