We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive resort

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tahoe City...
2 posts
Save Topic
All inclusive resort

Anybody know a good cheap all inclusive resort in Costa Rica?

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive resort

OP, you can try the Double Tree in Puntarenas …hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

It is certainly cheaper than the other AIs further up the Pacific Coast. A good mid range resort, I had a tour 3 weeks ago and the rooms were clean and basic, food was typical North American buffet style, liquor was all bar brand. Might be worth a visit.

Good luck in your hunt, and enjoy your holiday.

Tahoe City...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive resort

Thanks for responding, but it was not cheap $500 a night. We are 2 adults and 2 kids, but still that is way to expensive.

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive resort

OP, I know that the time of year will make a price difference, and that being said, CR is not known for the deep discount AI that you find in Cuba, Mexico and the DR. There are many hotels in beach areas and off the beaten path that can offer a breakfast with the room. Perhaps something with a variety of restaurants near by? Do you have an area of CR you might like to visit? Activities?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive resort

Maybe try Barcelo Playa Langosta or BArcelo Playa Tambor...

But our country is not famous at all for AI...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive resort

Depending on the time you travel I would suggest the Barcelo Playa Langosta or the Flamingo Beach Resort (They have an all inclusive plan). Again depending on your travel date Riu might be an option.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive resort

Best is really to pay for a nice NON AI hotel and shop around for good food...

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
739 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive resort

Or, opt for a condo rental and save some $$ by making some meals in.

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive resort

OP, perhaps the Best Western in Jaco tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309271-d299739…

might work and keep the costs down. Breakfast is included, and when I checked yesterday, the rate was $88.00US for 2 per night. I think the AI option is going to be cost prohibitive.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive resort

We booked the Hilton Papagayo for $177 per night for early Jan.(That's for two adults. I must warn that I hear they charge extra per child) It was an air + hotel pacakge deal I found on Expedia back in the early summer. Now I believe the prices are much higher. It can pay off to keep checking all kinds of sites. Who knows, maybe the Westin will even have a deal?! ;) Often the best deals are found booking either really early, or last minute. Good luck :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive resort

Exbeacher, I stayed in the BW in Jaco in 1995! I don't think it was a BW then. Same round pool though. Too funny. I thought it was an ok, average resort, in a good location in Jaco (walk to restaurants). But that was long ago.

However, after driving up to the Guanacaste area I don't think I'd stay in Jaco again because of the beach. If one was going to go non-AI in a beach resort town I think Tamarindo is nicer. Just my 2 cents. :)