We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
775 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

I know many of you travel to relax in the quiet solitude. My idea of relaxing is a bit different. I want to be right in the center of the action, I will lie in quiet when I die to relax and live while I am alive. Somewhere there is activity as close to 24-7 as possible.

I had my heart set on Capitan ( only because of the animals) but the rates came back so poor on a comparitive basis. Barcelo is my failsafe right now although it does not seem to be in center but I found November weekend rates of $132 which are excellent considering CS wanted 160. I would like to stay as close to $125 a night if possible. The lower the better, I do not need room service, or 5 star anything. WIFI onsite somewhere is a necessity as well.

I do not need AI if I am walking distance to food, although I will not sit down dine alone. I want to find a place where I have a better chance of meeting up with other solo travelers to eat, surf, tour etc... I want to be near an area i can wade or swim and take a few easy surf lessons and have access to sunset boat tours. I do not need a room on the beach but a room I can get back to at night/early morning from town center safely by foot alone, preferably with a bar and food option onsite.

Any and all help appreciated, I am starting to think perhaps Tamarindo is not the perfect beach destination for me of this trip trying to find a hotel that suits my wants has not been easy.

Get Lost In Costa Rica
Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Action Tours
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Boat Tours
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

Check at Tamarindo Diria or the Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

So base yourself in Tamarindo rather than Langosta, where you can walk easily to bars, restaurants and surf lessons.

Good call on the Best Western (home to the Crazy Monkey bar which gets pretty lively). You could also try Villas Macondo, or Arco Iris (both more sedate but good for meeting people).

You can see locations on the map here:

footprintscostarica.com/footprints_maps.php

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
775 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

Best Western Vista Villa's has some good rates, very comfortable. That's a safe one for women middle of the night walking back up to from beach in the dark ( I am not a scardy cat, I just know it's not my country and their are better and worse risk situations you can put yourself in), their site seems to indicate it is up a desolate road? We may have a winner.

You all are so helpful, anyone have Jamaica ?'s I will certaintly return the favors.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

I would recommend getting a taxi or walking in a group, but that goes for pretty much anywhere in the country.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

In Tamatindo, you're better off walking the main road after dark than walking on the beach, unless you are with a group.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

At night better get a taxi or walk with a group, not alone anywhere better to be safe than sorry.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,952 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

Thank you Allylam...that is a great advice ...women to women...

I´m totally with you !!

Just common sense...

roadadavisor

Dillon, Colorado...
Level Contributor
23 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

So I had posted a response here, not sure what happened. At any rate, if you are not against hostels, there is a really great one at the end of town near the river called the Beach House. They have single rooms that are opened to the beachfront, I paid about 80% under what your budget is and wouldn't have preferred any other room along the beach. Check them out, the bungalow rooms are what you would want.

9. Re: Best Hotel for Solo Looking for Noise and Activity Help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 11:18