We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in Tamarindo area

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
100 posts
414 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants in Tamarindo area

Hi,

My husband and I will be staying at the JW Marriott in hacienda Pinilla for 2 weeks in January. We will have a car and are looking forward to eating local/native food. Any suggestions. Language is not a problem.

thanks,

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,924 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants in Tamarindo area

Dear MCB28...

Thank you for coming and visit our country...WELCOME!

Across from Auto Mercado at the main Tamarindo entrance is a nice place...Carnes Don Fernando...they have the best steaks in the country...mostly come from there own cattle ranch...100% natural feed animals...no hormones...

Stop by ...great decent people to deal with!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in Tamarindo area

You might find the following link useful tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g309253-Tamarind… Have a great trip!

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
100 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in Tamarindo area

Thanks. Can you recommend others within a 15-20 minute drive of the JW Marriott? I like to eat with the locals rather than the tourists when I travel. For me eating is part of the cultural experience. We were in San Jose and Manuel Antonio about 5 years ago and had amazing meals in small family owned restaurants. Hoping to do it again. WE loved Costa Rica and can't wait to go back. Thanks again.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants in Tamarindo area

You'll have to check out Las Palmas Restaurant in the town of Villareal. It's in the center of town near the medical clinic. Anyone can point you there.

Also, heading towards Huacas there's a little bar/restaurant tucked away call Que Tuanis and on the main road going into Huacas is La Boya.

All of these will be Costa Rican meals and bocas. Pura Vida!

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
100 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants in Tamarindo area

Thanks again. Can't wait!

6. Re: restaurants in Tamarindo area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 05:16