We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ice desk at liberia airport

oklahoma
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ice desk at liberia airport

Does anyone know if the Ice desk at the Liberia airport is open on Saturdays around 1:00 PM.

Thanks for all your help.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ice desk at liberia airport

I'm not sure there is an ICE desk in the new terminal at Liberia. If so, it is something very new since there wasn't one there a couple of weeks ago.

If there isn't a desk there, you can buy a SIM card at many many places including supermarkets, small grocery stores and shops. Look for a yellow sign that says "Prepago" or a little frog emblem that will say "Kolbi." You can get a SIM card there in about 5 minutes. I wouldn't go hog wild with minutes -- you can get 80 minutes for 2500 colones.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ice desk at liberia airport

There is also an ICE office in Huacas. Just slightly out of the way to Tamarindo. I am assuming that is where you are heading since this was posted in the Tamarindo forum.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ice desk at liberia airport

You can go to an ICE office, of course, but I would just head for wherever you're going and then stop at the first place that says either "Prepago" or "Kolbi."

oklahoma
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ice desk at liberia airport

Thanks for all your info. They did have a article on the forum a while back that there would be a small desk between the luggage department and customs from ICE.

I guess I just check it out when we get there, otherwise the above info will get

me the sim cards. Thanks again.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ice desk at liberia airport

Well, opening the new terminal was months behind schedule (so bad, in fact, that the contractor was fined) -- so who knows how long it will take ICE to set up their kiosk there. Of course, now that I have written that, the kiosk will be open this afternoon!

Good plan, Oklahoma - that will work fine. With your flight arrival, if ICE has a desk there, I am sure they will be open.

6. Re: ice desk at liberia airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo
Recent Conversations