We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

san francisco
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

We are going to the Guanacaste area in early August and looking to do some fishing. We will either be staying near Tamarindo or the Nosara area. Can anyone recommend a good fishing charter to go on that is somewhat affordable, reliable and knowledgable? Thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

The best around Tamarindo...TAMARINDO SPORTFISHING...ask for Petra or Captain Randy Wilson...lovely couple...and they know our waters...and no body best around TAMARINDO!

roadadvisor

san francisco
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you know how early I would need to make a reservation? I plan on being there for 8 days and was going to play it by ear since it is not the busy season. Also, do they pick up from the Westin La Concha hotel or do I need to find my own way to the boat?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

If you have a boat in mind IMO this is not the sort of thing to wait to book. Tours normally you can wait on depending on what it is, but boats get booked and when they do that's all she wrote.

If you are not picky about which boat and capt you go out with than you can wait.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

Most of the time they give you a pick up time by the TAMARINDO beach...you most drive to TAMARINDO ...the best is maybe ask Petra or Randy...directly...since they are very busy all the time...send them a mail!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

Tamardo Sport fishing would pick you up at the beach in Conchal, they have done it in the past. They only have 3 boats so better to make reservat ions early.

san francisco
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

Great Advice. Thank You

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

You are WELCOME...said Hi to Randy and Petra...incredible nice and professional couple...we fished with them many times..we even with them were part of an old American TV show...FISHING TALES hosted by Leo Verana... we have had a lot of fun...great years...great fishing!

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

If you want tgo to Nosara I recommend

Nosara travel: the email is info@nosaratravel.com

But if you stay in Tamarindo I know a package full day with Frank Sport Fishing

his email is: coyotesf@racsa.co.cr

Thanks for visit us our country will love!

9. Re: Best Fishing Charters in Guanacaste Area near Tamarindo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:42