We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Tours Running as Usual?

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Royse City, TX
1 post
Save Topic
Are Tours Running as Usual?

We are scheduled to fly into Liberia and stay in Tamarindo this weekend. We were going to try and reschedule our trip due to the earthquake but it's not possible at this point. Are tours running as normal? We had planned to do the Guachipelin tour on Sunday and go ziplining but how safe would that be at this point? Does anyone know if they are even operating? What about other tours in and around Tamarindo?

Cartago, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

Yes, tours are operating normally

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

Well is better to wait a few days and see what is going on...but as today looks they will be back to normal..as an example in case you will like to see how serious the situation around there is that most public schools are close for the rest of the week...hopefullly everything is going to be ok by the time you will be here...I really think will be OK!

roadadvisor

Edited: 06 September 2012, 22:51
La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

I cannot speak for Tamarindo, but tour vans have been running all day as usual in Arenal.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

Thank you Explorin...good local report...that is what we need!

GRACIAS

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

I agree roadadvisor. More people that live here should pipe in and let people know what is really going on where they live.

We have friends across the country and they are all saying that the majority of what is being reported is sensationalism for the sake of a news story or just to get attention. These are people from Samara, Nosara, Tamarindo, Uvita, Monteverde and the Central Valley.

I am not saying this to belittle what has happened. There were some damages and I have complete empathy for anybody that suffered them or incurred any losses. I am just saying that people really should know that the damage is nowhere near the scale of the common perception right now.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

Thank you once again...really nice of you...we all are worry about our people and our visitors...hopefullly we can give them the truth about our country today!

Hopefully I will see you some day by La Parada...I love the chicken soup there!

Sincerely yours

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

tours are operating normal

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

yes, all tours are running as usual no issues

New Smyrna Beach...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

You info is very real. The news stays in business through sensationalism. I will be down Sun and appreciate your reports. Thank God it wasn't as bad as it could have been. See ya Sun.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Are Tours Running as Usual?

Hey everyone,

Here in Tamarindo, things are pretty much back to normal. Thankfully we had relatively little damage in town for an earthquake of that magnitude. Thankfully many geologists had warned us about this event and people seemed to be relatively calm and prepared for the situation.