We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

Boston...
4 posts
Save Topic
Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

Looking for a good place to stay in town for a group on spring break. Thinking of Sunrise Condos. Any thoughts?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,936 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

Are you looking for condo or a hotel.:?

Roadadvisor

Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

Probably a condo...what do you say? Does Tamarindo have much in the way of hotels?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
307 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

There's plenty of hotel options in Tamardino. Tamarindo Diria, Best Western Vista Villas are both nice, clean, walking distance to everything. You'll pay a bit of a premium to be in town, but its worth it if you're looking to go out at night, as you'll save on cabs (or someone having to play DD)

f m
Jackson, Wyoming
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

Stay at Sunrise.

Walking distance to EVERYTHING! The beach is literally right across the street. Center of town location is key for going out at night.

There will be other younger aged groups (people in their 20’s) staying at Sunrise during Spring Break season.

Save $$$. WAY better deal than staying at a hotel. You get your own kitchen and patio or porch area. Each unit has at least 2 bathrooms.

The pool is perfect. Good place to spend time in the sun when not on the beach.

Secure. The complex has 24-hr security.

Enjoy your trip to Tamarindo!

Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

Thanks for all the great info! What are your thoughts on day trips, food, etc? Just starting to plan this trip out and I imagine this information, along with what you've provided, will help guide me on where to stay.

Is security a concern in CR?!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

Yes, Sunrise is a great choice!

The most popular things to do are: Catamaran Cruise; ATVing; Zip Lines; Combo Tours like Buena Vista or Canyon De la Vieja or Vandara for example and for nature, the Palo Verde tour.

Burlington...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

sunrise is the best bet. very safe and close to everything. if you're looking for a good place to stay for a fair price stay at sunrise. Lets party. ill be there in March

Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

Thanks all! I've tried to peruse the various threads for more general Tamarindo & CR info, but feel free to shoot any thoughts you have on the area.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

Hi there,

The Sunrise Condos have the best location in town close to everything and the beach is just across the street.

Watch Videos of the condos here:

tamarindobeach.ws/videoscategory/…

Pura Vida i hope you will enjoy your trip to our beautiful Tamarindo.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spring Break Tamarindo 2013, Sunrise

I agree. Stay at Sunrise! We stayed in several condos and hotels both in Tamarindo and Flamingo, and preferred Sunrise the best. We stayed in #38 and were extremely pleased with the condo, the pool, and the complex. The unit we stayed in was well equipped and had comfortable beds. Loved the sunsets and the view of the ocean! The location is steps from the beach with a grocery store across the street. I would suggest the full day tours with the zip line. We also enjoyed deep water fishing through Pedro's (He can be found online or just walk down the beach past the Diria and you will find him there.) If you stay at the Sunrise, I would advise that you look at the pictures, as each condo appears to be individually owned and managed. The one we stayed at was recently updated. We booked through www.BlueWaterPropertiesOfCostaRica.com. Enjoy your trip!