We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach to stay at?

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach to stay at?

Hi there. I am planning on visiting guanacate prov in feb and looking to get people's opinion on where the best beach town is to stay at. We are ideally looking for a place where we can spend most of the day doing some type of activities like : snorkelling,kayaking, hiking, learning to surf(maybe). And also a place to enjoy the beach as well. Not looking for any crazy night life but more relaxed undeveloped places that are safe to walk around. From what I have seen I seem to be leaning towards samara but would love your opinions.

Thanks in advance

Jim

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach to stay at?

Samara is a good option...also look at Tamrindo beach every thing ypu are looking for---

roadadvisor

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach to stay at?

From you requirements, I'd say you're better off looking at Playa Grande or Brasilito rather than Tamarindo.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach to stay at?

I say Tamarindo.....we've been here for two months and traveled to other beaches, by far this is the best!!!

Rochester, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach to stay at?

Hi Louise- we stayed in Tamarindo in Dec 2012 and loved it. We hope to go back for longer in January 2014 but anticipate higher crowds in Jan than December and are tempted to explore other areas nearby. Looks like you were there in January? Curious what makes you say Tamarindo is by far the best?

Thanks in advance.

5. Re: Best beach to stay at?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo