We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing charter

Saint Paul...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing charter

I am looking for any information regarding good sport fishing boats out of tamarindo. I have spoken with Capt Rick of the Rhino charger and he seemed like a decent captain on the phone, but a, wondering if anyone has an experience to share on his boat, or any other decent boats around the $1000 mark? Thanks

Get Lost In Costa Rica
Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Go Fish Costa Rica
Fishing Charters & Tours
Blue Crab Water Adventures and Tours
Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
CR Paradise Adventures Tours
Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing charter

Rhino Charger is a good boat and does a good job. Tamarindo Sport Fishing - has the Salsa for the price range - Osprey, Capullo, KingPin. and many others. xplorecostarica.com/Categories/Sportfishing.…

Orlando, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing charter

I'm looking for the same information as you. Looking for both reef fishing and trolling. Let me know what you find!

Sarah

Saint Paul...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing charter

Bump...

Saint Paul...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing charter

Has anyone been on a charter lately out of tamarindo and care to share your experience of what boat you chartered, and the operation? Still debating on a boat...thanks

New Canaan...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing charter

Any further suggestions or comments from people taking charters out in Tamarindo?

Heading down for a few days this December.

Anyone interested in a split, let me know

David

Athens, Alabama
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing charter

I am also looking for information about which boats are good with experienced captain. I will be in the area in November14-16. I am looking for a split, on one of these days. It would be me and my wife fishing. I would be interest in trolling or rooster fishing. Thanks, Brian.

New Canaan...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing charter

Brian

Good luck, wish I could help, but I'm going after you. We're staying at the Flamingo Beach resort, so let me know if you find any good trips in that area.

David

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing charter

Rhino Charger is the top level you can attain in sportfishing in this area. The nicest, biggest charter run by a guy who really knows what the heck he is doing. There are lots of great people to go fishing with in town. Many options for many budgets. Rhino Charger is the top-level tier fir the whole group. Rick has some incredible experiences to share with you as well. Clients ALWAYS come back satisfied.

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing charter

Captain Rick of Rhino Charger sport fishing is great! Our group of 4 went out with him on Oct. 3rd ..... We had a battle with a 700-800 lb ( no joke) marlin , caught some dorado and skip jacks. He was knowledgeable and I could tell he was making a true effort to put us on fish and he handled the boat perfectly with the monster sized marlin . My sister has some serious motion sickness issues, I'm talking the ear patch doesn't even work on her, and he took great care to make sure she was doing ok. When I come back to Tamarindo RhinoCharger is the only charter I will call.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,924 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing charter

I have had been fishing and taking people to Tamarindo for YERAS......we book all the time with TAMARINDO SPORTSFISHING...I know Randy Wilson and his wife Petrra...great people to deal with more costaricans now than many of us...great boats...

In my case if Randy is not available I do not recommend any body...maybe tsome people around pay higher commision but life is not just money..RANDY is the best...and nobody has more years of expereince fishing out of Tamarindo than Randy that simple!

roadadvisor