We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Del Sur to Tamarindo

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
San Juan Del Sur to Tamarindo

I am coming down (Family of four) in December. What's the best way of getting to Tamarindo from San Juan Del Sur.

Thanks in advance,

KH

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan Del Sur to Tamarindo

Get a taxi to the border and then a bus to Liberia and then transfer to the bus for Tamarindo. You could also use a shared van shuttle from Liberia to Tamarindo.

If money is no object, then arrange a private driver to meet you at the border and take you to Tamarindo. For a quote, I would check with www.ecotranscostarica.com

Edited: 12 April 2013, 18:11
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan Del Sur to Tamarindo

That's good advice HattieCostaRica!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan Del Sur to Tamarindo

Great advice! I made this trek a year ago. My fiance and I tried to keep it cheap and took a taxi to the border, then the bus to Liberia where we transferred to another bus to Tamarindo. In hind sight I would pay for a taxi from Liberia to Tamarindo. The bus was cheap but took about 2 hours due to the frequent stops. By taxi the drive should be about 40 mins or so. We did get the best empanadas on that bus though!

4. Re: San Juan Del Sur to Tamarindo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:18