We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Master.com

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Master.com

Has anyone had any experience with this outfit in Tamarindo? My nephew booked a tour with them and they keep upping the price due to "mistakes" in booking. Sounds fishy to me...any thoughts?

Native's Way
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Tamarindo Transfers & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Day Trips, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
827 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Master.com

I have never heard of them. Our family has always dealt with Xplore Costa Rica, located in Tamarindo, for tours and airport transfers and have found them reliable and honest.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Master.com

I also recommend Xplore Costa Rica. They have a great reputation.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Master.com

Actually, I am wrong. It is Trip Masters.com! Well, they already booked it, so now we are doing damage control.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Master.com

Does anyone know the transfer time from the Flamingo Beach Resort to LIR airport? The problem is that they are charging them the Tamarindo fare. I believe Flamingo Beach is much closer to LIR than Tamarindo.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Master.com

From Flamingo Beach to LIR airport is about 1.5 hours - maybe less. And yes, Flamingo is closer than Tamarindo. www.yourtravelmap.com LIR airport is about 20-30 minutes closer to Flamingo than the town of Liberia. (In other words, the airport is between Liberia and Flamingo.)

Is there no cancellation policy? Most reputable companies have a decent cancellation policy - unless they are doing the tour in the next day or so.

So...... did he book a tour with them or did he book transport to the airport? It seems to me like you are talking about two different things but maybe I'm just not reading it right.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Master.com

Thanks for that awesome map! I can now see that while Flamingo Beach is closer than Tam as it the crow flies but it may not be that closer by taxi due to roads. So no big deal! Love that map!!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Master.com

Your right. Same distance.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Master.com

Hi there, my husband and I booked our first time 10 day trip to Costa Rica through Trip Masters. We didnt book any Tamarindo excursions through them but did for other destinations. I was very nervous about this as so much can go wrong! We have just gotten back and had a really positive experience the local providers were all excellent. All our vouchers were accepted with no problems and the local provider contacted us to confirm some changed pick up times for excursions we booked through them in La Fortuna. You do need to read the fine print & dont assume anything. I really like their website & the ability to customize & even build your own itinerary. Downside- ?

You don't have a choice of provider - example Nature Air v SANSa - you will get who they contract with. Overall experience - we had good to exceptional service with all providers that we ended up dealing with. I plan to use Trip Masters again

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Master.com

glad to hear your experience was positive... thanks for posting!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,905 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Master.com

Tamarindo or Flamingo beach to LIR...very much

the same distance or driving time not a biggie...

Never ever I heard about that tour company...sounds really fishy for me...try to find somebody else.

For transfers and tours around there...Pacific tours and Ecotrans...really nice people and they are own snd run by locals.

roadadvisor

roadadvisor..