We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation recommendation

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
202 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation recommendation

I will be travelling with my family (husband & children 9 & 4 year old) to Guanacaste, Costa Rica mid-February. We will be there for 11 nights, 12 days.

Let me start by saying that this vacation is a DREAM vacation for my family. We have not been on a vacation of this caliber in three years. Our last vacation was to Hawaii where we rented a condo for a 5 nights and stayed at two different resorts for a total of 12 days. We liked moving around and experiencing new things. We really felt like we experienced the island. We have the same goals for this trip. My husband and son are very interested in surfing in Tamarindo beach and exploring waterfalls and seeing nature. My daughter and I are interested in wildlife.

Having said all of this, I would like to get recommendations of various “safe-kid friendly” accommodations where we can experience different parts of the area. I would like to stay at 3 different places during our stay with moderate pricing. I prefer a condo or house for a few days, maybe a resort for a few days and perhaps a bed & breakfast.

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation recommendation

I suggest Diria or Sunrise Condos. We booked through www.bluewaterproperties.com and they were very helpful. We stayed at the Diria and Sunrise #38. I liked the Sunrise better, since the complex is smaller and the condos are closer to the beach. Barcelo is nice and is family friendly, but the beach is very rocky and you need to take a cab to town, since there is not much to do in Langosta.

Enjoy your vacation!

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation recommendation

I highly recommend the Ibis condos across from the Langosta Beach Club in Tamarindo. A group of 6 of us just rented penthouse 10 for 8 days and couldn't speak more highly of it. You get full member access to the beach club which is a 1 minute walk across the road. The condo has full concierge service, 24 hour security, bike rentals, etc. At the beach club the Pool is on the beach, great food, free cabana use and the beach is swimmable directly out in front. We walked everyday into town from the condo, 5 min. along the beach and probably 8 min on the road. There are 2 buldings and it's run through Bob Wilson of PuraVida Property management. VRBO 278375. It was the best of both worlds being served at the beach club but having our own kitchen in the condo.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation recommendation

I 2nd everything kmiller said in her post. Ibis # 10 is the way to go! We will be there in July and can't wait to get back!

4. Re: Accommodation recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 20:07
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation recommendation

I'm familiar with the Ibis condos, too, and that is a very good recommendation. Friends stayed there a few months back so I was able to see the interiors...very nice. The walk to town on the Langosta road is not great, but you can also walk through the Beach Club to the beach and get there that way...or drive, ride bikes, too. Or taxis, they are cheap.

There are other non-giant hotel options in town, too, that are pretty nice. Spend some time looking on Trip Advisor and you'll see the wide range. But if you go with Ibis you'll be happy.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation recommendation

Another couple of good options would be the condos are the Hotel Diria or the Sunrise Condos. Both are right in the centre of town so you could walk to everything. The beach is right across the street. At the Diria condos your kids will have 3 pools to choose from; one of them being a kiddy pool. Supermarkets will also be close for you.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
264 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation recommendation

I agree with the Sunrise condos or Diria Condos. Make sure you get a condo at Diria and not their typical hotel room. Puravida

8. Re: Accommodation recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:16