We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

route from Peace Lodge to Arenal

Which Heredia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
route from Peace Lodge to Arenal

Does anyone have a current update on the condition of the road from Peace Lodge to Arenal via Poas, and how long one should expect it to take? Also, anyone with a current update and personal assessment of the trout lake construction at the Peace Lodge? Thanks.

dallas
Level Contributor
456 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: route from Peace Lodge to Arenal

I am certainly not an expert, but I have recently booked with Peace Lodge and they sent me a map because we are also going to Arenal after our stay. Looks like you you have to back track to Alejeulah (sp?) and then go up to Arenal. They said it is about 4 hours. Just email them and ask them to send you an attachment with the routes.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,236 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: route from Peace Lodge to Arenal

Last I heard, the Trout Lake was scheduled to open back up in August, but you'd have to check with them on their progress. Their website lists what's back open already and the schedule for everything else to be fully open.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: route from Peace Lodge to Arenal

I trust the DOT in Costa Rica...they said nothing is going to be open in a least a year...to many problems...Costa Rica offer a lot of nice places to visit...why risking your life?

The only way is backtrackking ...to Alajuela!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,818 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: route from Peace Lodge to Arenal

You can get some good ideas about routes and times here - yourtravelmap.com/costarica/…

Cheers

Inca

5. Re: route from Peace Lodge to Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Heredia