We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to peace lodge from airport, need car?

chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
how to get to peace lodge from airport, need car?

What is the best way to get to peace lodge from san jose airport? can I hire a driver to drop us off? any companies, how much? do i need a car at peace lodge to get to la paz and also the volcano? or is there transport I can hire? thank you!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
307 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to peace lodge from airport, need car?

Peace Lodge arranged a driver to pick us up at SJO. Just contact a Peace Lodge reservationist, and they'll make the arrangements for you.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to peace lodge from airport, need car?

We had the Peace Lodge pick us up at the airport as well. I think we paid around $55, not sure if the price has changed. The Peace Lodge also offers a tour to go to Poas; we did it combined with a tour to the Doka Coffee Estate, and it was a great day.

www.waterfallgardens.com/one-day-tours.php

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
307 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to peace lodge from airport, need car?

The fee is now $70.

Orlando, Florida...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get to peace lodge from airport, need car?

Is there a bus that can take you from the peace lodge to the air port or a shuttle?

What are the prices?

Thank you for your help

New Jersey
Level Contributor
67 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get to peace lodge from airport, need car?

I would advice you to hire someone to drive you from airport. Tucan Limos was great! (ask for Rosie or Luis) Roads are tricky but an experience in itself. I agree with the above regarding tour of Poas/Coffee but know that they will not actually be picking coffee at all times so check before booking. You will love Peace lodge been once and returning again this June. Also, bring along a warm jacket for Poas as its high altitude and gets chilly. Also, use caution if you have any breathing issues such as asthma.

6. Re: how to get to peace lodge from airport, need car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:16