I already made my reservation at La Selva. Since then, after reading about activities and reviews of La Selva & Selva Verde, I am having some doubts about whether La Selva is the right choice.
I would appreciate if anyone can share their feedback on the following issues.
1. Is La Selva safe ? I have read they don't have safe boxes. Is that true ? Does the absence of safe boxes make La Selva unsafe ?
2. We are vegetarians ? Is the food at La Selva edible ? We don't care for great food as long as there is filling vegetarian food.
3. I understand La Selva might have the best wildlife in the area. Is that accurate ?
4. We are also interested in doing other activities like chocolate tour, bat tour, white water rafting.
But we will not have our rental car. Is it possible to arrange transportation from La Selva to these activities easily.
5. We are a family of 3 and have a 9 year old daughter with us. Is La Selva too spartan to stay for us ?
6. Is it better to stay at Selva Verde and visit La Selva. Or is it better to stay at La Selva and do above activities.
I hope answers to above questions will also help future travelers.