We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean coast beaches in January??

Which Cahuita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean coast beaches in January??

We're looking at staying a week in Cahuita vs. Manuel Antonio. We definitely enjoy time IN and ON the water - are the beaches rough in January on the Caribbean side?? Also, looking for budget accomodation with a/c , tv (for infrequent after dark use only!) and close proximity to the beach. Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean coast beaches in January??

It will be irresponsable of my part to tell you how the weather is going to be...but ths 2010 looks like is going to be nice during January...

Around Puerto Viejo I rally like BANANA AZUL!...

Also Arrecefices in Punta Uva,,,about $50.00 per night...very...very simple place...but only 20 meters from the beach...just incredible!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean coast beaches in January??

As RA said, you never know about the weather in Costa Rica. We have been to the Caribbean the last few years during years during the peak of rainy season in December and January and have had plenty of sunny days, many places on the Pacific now are experiencing dry spell with no rain at all, and is the green season now.

Just go visit places that you want to see for their beauty or particular activities they provide and hope mother nature will take care of the good weather while you are there!

Western Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean coast beaches in January??

This will be my third trip in January to Cahuita and sixth trip to Costa rica in as many years. I'll be staying at Spencer's Seaside Lodge again. Right on the water... Everything in Cahuita can be walked to, or rent a bike or scooter. I enjoy the wildlife and beach in the National Park, There is also a black sand beach on the north end... I've seen Surf boarders there, but don't really know how much of that goes on here. So far I've always been blessed with good weather on my visits.

many good resturants with plenty of fresh seafood!

Western Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribbean coast beaches in January??

Ohh I forgot to say I've been to Manuel Too... I think the beaches are larger there and the commuinty is more developed, things are abit more spread out. I simply didn't feel a comfortable walking around at night there. Cahuita beaches smaller, but the down is very, very small and easy to walk around. Go twice and which ever you chose go to the other next time :-).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribbean coast beaches in January??

Just incredible...talking about crazy weather...I drove two great copules last night from International Airport Juan Santamaria to Manuel Antonio National Park...we left the airport by 7PM...it was such a nice night...great half moon...by Paquita and then in Parrita...it was rain! Yes RAIN!

By the time I was driving back...it was dry again...and keep it that way all the way to San Jose!

Luis aka roadadvisor

6. Re: Caribbean coast beaches in January??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2010, 05:16