We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries available in Cahuita?

Which Cahuita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Groceries available in Cahuita?

We are traveling with a 6 year old that likes mac and cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggest and peanut butter (mostly). He will eat chips and salsa and cheese enchiladas. His mom is tucking a few boxes of Kraft and a can of spaghettios into her suitcase. What are the chances of finding something he will eat at a restaurant there? At a grocery?

Thanks!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries available in Cahuita?

Good supermercados right by the bus station so no worries...

Kingston, Rhode...
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries available in Cahuita?

Hola PuppyloveTexas,

There are three grocery stores in town in Cahuita, the Safari Market, Supervaz and Supervaz 2 out on the main road from Limon. All of these are within reasonable walking distance from town. They all have the basics but things like hot dogs may be difficult to find. Junk food like Pringles or Doritos and other American imports are rather expensive. There is a larger market called Palle in Hone Creek, about a five minute taxi ride from Cahuita. This may be worth considering, particularly if you are staying somewhere where with a kitchen.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries available in Cahuita?

Agree on Pali in Hone Creek is your best option. plenty of buses run that route back and forth too.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries available in Cahuita?

Do not worry...as the song says...be happy!

Plenty places to buy groceries!

roadadvisor

kingston, ri
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Groceries available in Cahuita?

You also asked about restaurants. Probably your best bet would be Corleone's, which has an extensive Italian menu. What 6 year old doesn't like spaghetti and pizza? Parquecito has a pretty varied menu, so I'm sure he could find something to like there. And for burgers and fries....the restaurant at the National Park Hotel, right by the entrance to the park. Have fun!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groceries available in Cahuita?

My favorite restaurant on the Caribbean side is Miss Edith, great slow food.

kingston, ri
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Groceries available in Cahuita?

Cubanon,

I tried to like Miss Edith's. I really did. I gave them at least 3 chances. The food is pretty good but the service terrible. And I'm not talking about "Caribbean Slow", which is fine by me. Miss Edith's sister, who runs the place, makes New York's "Soup Nazi" of Seinfeld fame seem like Miss Congeniality.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Groceries available in Cahuita?

You must be talking about my girl Norma, after visiting Miss Edith for the first time, we have become great friends. I can't get any recipes from her or Miss Edith, but she is slowly giving hints on how to cook some of the delicious food.

I know what you mean about her personality, but I still love her and their food, I just plan on spending lots of time talking to them while enjoying some great food.

9. Re: Groceries available in Cahuita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 07:31