We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic spot in Cahuita

Philadelphia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Romantic spot in Cahuita

My boyfriend and I are traveling to cr in early october. I think we'll be spending at least a week in Cahuita. We are looking for a really romantic spot. By romantic I dont mean heart shaped hot tubs. we are defintly NOT looking to stay at a resort. I just mean a quiet, private, place hopefully on the beach. Anyone have any ideas?

New England
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic spot in Cahuita

http://www.hotelkellycreek.com/

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic spot in Cahuita

I would highly suggest La Diosa. I lived in Cahuita for two years and it's an awesome place. www.hotelladiosa.net

Good luck!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic spot in Cahuita

I think if you´re going to trek to Cahuita from San Jose, just keep going until you get to Bocas del Toro, Panama. You won´t regret it. WAY LESS EXPENSIVE, people are very freindly, and while Costa Rica is very safe, Bocas is even safer. Maybe check out the Careening Cay Resort or if it´s in the budget, Punta Caracol.

Storm

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic spot in Cahuita

I was in Cahuita 2 weeks ago and the place was like a ghost town. You might want to consider something further south in Puerto Viejo or on the road to manzanillo

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic spot in Cahuita

Yes, Cahuita (AND Puerto Viejo) are more quiet in August. However, September and October are the best times to go as the sea is at its best and the weather is fabulous. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you want to party every night and are in your 20s then Puerto Viejo is a good place to go. If you want laid back with the National Park and TWO beaches--black sand ancd white sand--then Cahuita is the place. But they are only 20 minutes apart from each other by bus so you can stay in one place and go to the other easily for day trips, etc.

Like I said, I lived there two years and I would be happy to answer specific questions and even give you my phone number in St. Louis if you would like. Either place you go you won't be disappointed in the Caribbean!

6. Re: Romantic spot in Cahuita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 18:19