We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Cahuita

Lincoln
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Cahuita

Hi all, we'll be in San Jose this friday for a few days and want to head over to Cahuita on Monday.I've read the advice on here and know the options but i was just wondering if anyone who lives over Cahuita way knows of a private shuttle company that is dropping passengers off at San Jose on the same day and wants to take us back with them on the same day?(for cheaper than the prices i'm seeing on the web $215??)

We are very flexible on time and so can fit around them.I realize this is a long shot but things like this have worked out well for us before.

Failing that,anyone heading that way the same day and want to share a shuttle? we are 2 adults and 1 10 year old kid.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,059 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Cahuita

Why not taking directo bus. it is affordable, comfortable (more then a van bus) and almost as fast as a car.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Cahuita

Do you mean the big buses from the bus station? yes,i did look at that,it's just that we are travelling with a lot of luggage(too much luggage-i blame my wife)Is there plenty of storage space on those buses? and i guess there's no toilet either? I have to go every hour!! I am more than happy to spend as little as possible but the wife is a little high maintenance so if those buses are hot and crowded then i'd rather pay for the shuttle and save my ears from more nagging!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Cahuita

Based on what you have written -- spend the bucks and hire a private driver. It's not that much more than two tickets on the shared van shuttle.

And you have my condolences.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Cahuita

You might want to post on https:/…

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,296 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Cahuita

Two adults and a 10 year old with a lot of luggage? Do yourself a favor and hire a private driver. Maybe try Willie's Tours in Cahuita www.williestourscostarica.com/transfers.html or ask your lodging in Cahuita if they have a private driver they work with.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Cahuita

Just be carefull who you may hire...some bit up vans around...offer by even some so call hotels...they care more for money than anything else...but $ 215.00 is a good deal...

roadadvisor

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Cahuita

try interbus and pay for additional luggage

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Cahuita

I would go interbus. good sevice

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,059 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Cahuita

If going to use Interbus, check out https:/…rent-a-car-costa-rica , Interbus is newly added partner; one card is valid for whole family, I was told.

10. Re: Getting to Cahuita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 06:21