We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Cahuita Feria on Sundays?

Which Cahuita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
235 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Cahuita Feria on Sundays?

Hello, We will be visiting and staying in Cahuita again for four nights. It's been a few years, and I remember hearing about the Feria in Cahuita. Is it held on a Sunday, and what time of day? Are there many farmers, fruit and veggies, etc? Where does it take place? Thanks for the info!

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Cahuita Feria on Sundays?

The feria is held every Sunday from early until about 11, but don't wait too late or the best produce will be gone. It isn't big but there is a good selection of local fruit and vegetables, cheeses and often chicken and eggs. Ask the cheeseman for tasters before buying-- we love the smoked cheese to grate into omelettes and onto pasta and salads. And if you are looking to eat breakfast out, the tiny soda has great tortillas with cheese cooked in them. You may find prices cheaper elsewhere (although not in the very over-priced local mini supermarkets).

Chicago
Level Contributor
235 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Cahuita Feria on Sundays?

Hi Sara F- this is exactly the info I was hoping to find. Thank you so much! Is the location of the Feria right in the town? We're planning to stay at Hotel la Diosa, so we'll probably need to either walk or bicycle to get there.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Cahuita Feria on Sundays?

Sorry you did as where. It is in the Salon Comunal, which is the building on your right coming into town, just after Rincon de Sandra restaurant. You'll see the hustle and bustle from the outside.

Chicago
Level Contributor
235 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Cahuita Feria on Sundays?

Perfect! I love ferias, and I'm looking forward to this one. Also, I can't wait to have a meal at Sobre Las Olas again! Not until next March, so we have to wait a while!

5. Re: Is the Cahuita Feria on Sundays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:16