We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kelly Creek Hotel or Alby Lodge?

Which Cahuita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kelly Creek Hotel or Alby Lodge?

My boyfriend and I are debating between both places. Anyone ever stayed at either or both? We will not have a car and it seems close to the park . I would love any input. thanks!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kelly Creek Hotel or Alby Lodge?

I haven't stayed at either one but I saw the Kelly Creek Lodge a couple of days ago. I don't know what the rooms are like but it looks pretty good from the outside. Close ro the park? Yep. You could throw a rock and hit the park entrance building.If you like to hear the surf you will like it. The ocean is about 40 yards away.

I'm glad I only stayed two nights in Cahuita though.It was pretty hot and humid and I was ready for a change of scenery after two nights. I really liked the Poas/ La Paz Waterfall/Sarapiqui day tour I took from San Jose. I wish I could have spent more time in the interior instead of going to the Caribbean.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kelly Creek Hotel or Alby Lodge?

Hotel National Park is right across the road from Kelly Creek. It's CLOSER to the water and it has air conditioning and a cafe. Kelly Creek doesn't have either. Hotel National Park isn't as cute from the outside, but the rooms are large and clean. We were upset at first when Kelly Creek had given our reservation away, but it turned out better for us because we really needed that AC.

I can't comment on Alby Lodge.

australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kelly Creek Hotel or Alby Lodge?

I just got back from Kelly Creek Hotel and stayed about 5 nights. Liked it a lot - but no aircon - and I didnt mind - hate the noise and feel of it. - Love the noise of the ocean and the sea breeze coming in through the wooden shutters and the overhead fan. Aircon is great for offices.

Kelly Creek has no room television, fridge and nor does it have a large cafe with a telly on all day. It could do maybe with offering small bar fridges for cool drinks.

If you're on your honeymoon the privacy factor may be a consideration as we could hear the couple next door talking to each other. Great position though and I'd highly recommend it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kelly Creek Hotel or Alby Lodge?

Alby Lodge is quaint and owned by a German couple. It is not right on the water but just around the corner. Kelly Creek does have a restaurant but you have to make a reservation. The owner is from Spain and a fabulous cook. Also makes his own Sangria. Bungalows Ache is also around the corner and a nice place to stay as well.

5. Re: Kelly Creek Hotel or Alby Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 06:25