We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
halifax, nova...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

Thinking about staying at FincaChica ... has anyone stayed here?

Madrid
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

Hi there, my name is Susana writing from Madrid, Spain. Fincachica is a fantastic place, really close to the beach and to Puerto Viejo. The woden houses are neat, and they include all sorts of supplies, fridge, microwave, etc. The finca is so tranquil and the owners are really nice.

halifax, nova...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

Just got back from FincaChica. Perfect, beautiful hoses/cottages with a nice location between town and Manzanillo. Highly recommended!!!

Puerto Viejo
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

I checked out each of their units recently. Very nice. It is a couple hundred meters back from the road trough a little residential area. It's pretty quiet back there. The owners seemed very concerned about noise from guests. I was having some musicians come from the United States to play a show in town, and they wanted to rent all of their units. The owners declined to rent to them because he was concerned that they would party and make noise, being musicians and all. Also, the units are well separated from each other throughout the garden, enhancing privacy. My only issue with it is that It's maybe a half kilometer or more walk to the beach, which turns a quick dip into a little journey. A bike rental would make it quick again.

Happy Planning - Aventuras Bravas

tx
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

Thanks for the info. We are trying to decide between La Finca Chica and La Costa de Papito...anyone have any advise or opinions on either? Both look nice...just wondering which has a better beach and location...for relaxing and seeing a few sites.

Thanks!

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

That is a bit of apples to oranges as Papito is a hotel and Finca Chica is houses.

La Costa Papito is across the street from famous Cocles beach and has all amenities of a hotel. They are very popular.

tx
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

Ok so I guess my question is for 4 nights if it better to have an apple or an orange?

I guess the house is pretty much do it yourself and we really want to relax but it looks awesome.

Everything at Costa de Papito looks great as well.

Any bads things to say about either? Or is on in a better location?

Thanks for any help!!

Puerto Viejo
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

Papito is closer to the beach and the srevices in the village. They are both in Cocles and the beaches are similar, but the one in front of Papito may have more people on it. Near Papito is where most of the surfing happens. I have nothing bad to say about either. They are both quiet. In the end, maybe you'll have to flip a coin. But, really, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Happy Planning - John at Aventuras Bravas

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
116 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

I have stayed at both, and I would recommend Costa de Papito because its only for 4 days and you really dont need the house. Costa is closer to town and to the beach. I would recommend it.

Madrid
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

Hi, just want to point out that the beach is only a 5 minute walk from FincaChica, mind you, it is a really nice walk in between high beautifull trees, right by the school there!!!!! Plus the beach there is a bit better for taking a swim, since the waters at the costapapito one are usually a bit more rough.

10. Re: FincaChica - has anyone stayed here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 09:18