We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Those of you who have already been

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fer
St Louis, MO
Level Contributor
175 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Those of you who have already been

I just wanted to see if I could ask those of you who have traveled to Puerto Viejo. We will be going Sept27-Oct 3rd. I would like to draw on your experience. ANything you wish you would have done differently? What was your favorite thing you did? What sites do you feel aren't worth making time for? What was your favorite restaurant?

thanks you so much for your time

Jen

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Those of you who have already been

You are going to PV in the best time of the year to visit the area,

Although you are not going during a good surfing month, the waves in PV are legendary. Dancing the night away at Johnnys ranks up there, so is spending time at Punta Uva and Manzanillo, relaxing at beach enjoying some Imperials or a cool cocktail. Snorkeling at Cahuita point and them having dinner at Miss Edith, in my opinion, the best truly Jamaican style food in area, and my favorite restaurant. Dining at Pecora Nera in Cocles, Maxis in Manzanillo ,oh the fried yuca is soo good, the Rondon at Selvins in Punta Uva is tops, and so is Mr.Selvin.

Enjoy your time there is ALL GOOD!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Those of you who have already been

I've been to Puerto Viejo twice - read about my experiences in my travel blogs at www.katclare.com/costa_rica

3. Re: Those of you who have already been

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 07:35