We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rates

minneesota
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
rates

It's been a couple of years since my last visit but I'm curious. Is it common for the rates stated on TA and the rates on with web sites for the hotels etc, to be off by $20.00 or so dollars a day?

Kate

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rates

All good hotels should have the rates accurate on their web sites, make sure that the price you are charged is what is in web site for current year. Sometimes you have a Green Season and High Season rates.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rates

Some hotels, tour companies, etc...they are trying hard to have new bookings...prices can and will change almost in a daily basis...take the best one and pay for!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rates

Very common. I often find the rates don't match.

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rates

As some have mentioned, I think the hotel should be the most interested party in posting up to date rates and current offers. So, contact the hotel of your interest directly and ask if they have any special offer or promotion going on around the dates of your visit. Some of hotels during this time of the year throw "freebies" like tours, spa services, cocktails, discounts... etc

Good luck

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rates

Hi,

Same here I find them off as well. I think when the reviews were made that was the going rate and it hasn't been updated. Too many hotels to keep up with!

But the hotels update. What I do, is take the good advise and then google the actual hotel for the price.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rates

Many times it is hard to get Trip Advisor to update the information in a timely fashion. It is responsibility of hotel to inform Tripadvisor of rate changes. They have no control after they have done that. You will need to refer to hotel website for most accurate.

minneesota
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rates

thanks everyone.

Kate

8. Re: rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...