We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first_trip

Quebec
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
first_trip

Hello,

I'm planning a 10 days trip in May but I don't know where to go and I do not know where to start to prepare this trip. PV in Costa Rica seems fantastic. I'm travelling with my boyfriend. We only travelled in all included. We are looking for something quiet, surrounding by jungles and near to the beach. we love fauna and flora and we do a lot of snorkeling. Korrigan lodge seems very nice .It cost about how much to feed (restaurants and cooking)?

any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

V

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first_trip

Korrigan Lodge or Pachamama in that area would both be ideal choices. Even though May tends to be a slower month, you should book soon if you are looking at those 2 locations as they are both highly popular and are also very small.

Restaurants are limited in that area. Great new Argentinian restaurant called El Refugio is located in that area.

Prices are all over the map. But count on min $10 for an entree in a tourist style restaurant. PuertoViejoSatellite.com has sample menus posted on their restaurant listings.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,415 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first_trip

I will go to HOTEL Banana Azul...for some reason TA moved the hotel to a BnadB...but for me is a HOTEL...the whole idea is a great one...nice people...nice grounds,,,good breakfast...nice clean rooms!

Luis Roadadvisor

Quebec
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: first_trip

What about to rent a house? Rent a house with a complete kitchen is the same price than rent a lodge. Does someone heard about this company: vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…limon

VRBO is vacation rentals by owners.

I found a few houses that seems very nice!

http://www.vrbo.com/221252

http://www.vrbo.com/98147#rates

Thanks!

V

minneapolis
Level Contributor
84 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first_trip

Have stayed at both Pachamama and Korrigan. Great places, great owners, and nature there is unbelievable, including the beach at Punta Uva. Both include big, wonderful breakfast in price. First class dinners can be had for $15/head--almost all food is locally grown or caught--fresh seafood always available. Refugio and Jungle Love are terrific, and cost half of a similar restaurant in US. Lunch is easy to grab on the cheap, or you might not need it after big breakfasts. We visited Banana Azul, and the lunch and grounds were great, but haven't stayed there. Puerto Viejo is great mix of comfort and nature.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first_trip

Granted I haven't stayed at Korrigan or Pachamama, I can recommend Banana Azul. It's in a great location, right on the beach and withing walking distance to town. The lodge is gorgeous and they've recently added a pool...which I'm looking forward to seeing in a few months!

Quebec
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: first_trip

Thank you very much for your comments, it is greatly appreciated. I went on the website of Korrigan lodge. It looks gorgeous!

Is there any bungalows with an ocean view?

V

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first_trip

Korrigan is great also www.pachamamacaribe.com

Both are not AI

Your original post said you only wanted AI..

www.costarica.bookit.com has many AI options

all the good ones are on Nicoya

Quebec
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: first_trip

The reviews at Banana Azul are excellents and the pictures are beautiful.

take a lot of pictures and let me know wich room as the most beautiful ocean view. I am looking for a very quiet and private place.

V

Quebec
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: first_trip

Sorry, I am french learning english. I meant that I only tried "all inclusive". I don't want to go in a All inclusive in Costa Rica. I want something private and quiet surrounding intense wildlife and vegetation.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first_trip

Hi,

Korrigan lodge is definetly lovely.They are in the jungle about 300 meters from the beach.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...