We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

san francisco
3 posts
Save Topic
punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

Hi

We are booked for JUne to go to CR. I cant decide between these two places. We can stay at Casa Viva which looks great. or we can stay in Manzanillo at a house we found on VRBO which is next door to Aquamor. For us the most important thing is safety and a nice beach to hang out with our kids. I like the idea of walking to places to eat and a market too. Any help would be great. Thank you very much.

what is like around Aquamor? IS a nice beach , is it loud etc??

oh our kids are age 2 and age 7 ..

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,448 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

I love Punta Uva and my kids...6 and 8 years old...juts love Punta Uva!

Roadadvisor

san francisco
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

thanks.. I have a place at both but was starting to get confused..

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

Casa Viva is great and a wonderful location too Your family will be happy there, you can visit Manzanillo too, there is some nice great swimming spots for your family just south of Maxi's..

san francisco
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

thank you. would you say its better for us to stay there then Manzanillo?

They both sound great..... I really just want a safe beach etc...plus be able to walk to somewhere to eat once in a while.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

Punta Uva safest best beach

www.pachamamacaribe.com or maybe Korrigan..

Have fun,

USA
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

I am certainly no expert on the area, but we did just get back from a trip to the PV area. Both Punta Uva and Manzanillo are terrific, but in your case Punta Uva might be better, since it is a bit closer to things. It is certainly worth it to take the short drive to Manzanillo too.

I don't know if there are any markets in either Manzanillo or Punta Uva. We stayed up the coast a bit at the Shawandha Lodge and there were a couple of little markets and some terrific restaurants very close by.

You asked for a "safe" beach? What is your safety concern? If it is ocean currents, keep in mind that the beaches do not have life guards. You are swimming at your own risk and need to watch your children closely. There are plenty of little coves in the area that are protected from the currents. As for safety from crime...be smart and do not bring anything of value to any of the beaches.

You also asked about noise. You don't have to worry about noise as in load music or people making noise, but the howler monkeys can be a bit noisy.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

I would go for Punta Uva but make a day trip to Manzanillo. Punta Uva is known for being one of the prettiest, calmest and safest (referring to riptides).

As far as I know (unless things have changed) the only beach in the immediate area with lifeguards is Cocles and it can get pretty rough for swimming there.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

I'm agreeing with staying at Punta Uva. Manzanillo is fun for a day, but it's still pretty untouched and so it can be a bit boring at night. PUnta Uva is gorgeous with a wide range of beaches all around and closer to PUerto Viejo.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

Punta Uva is my favorite spot in Costa Rica, I'm sure it will be yours too.

YYJ
Perry, Georgia
Level Contributor
80 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: punta uva or Manzanillo for kids which is better?

Punta Uva hands down! Manzanillo is beautiful but can be a bit "sketchy"

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...