We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Chocolate Tour?

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
235 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Best Chocolate Tour?

My friend will be on the Carribean Coast in mid-December. He wants to see how chocolate is made, do a good tour, etc. Something not too touristy. Any suggestions appreciated!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

The best person to answer your question...CUBANON...you can even send him a PM...he is the best...sorry it is my own personal opinion!

roadadvisor from Costa Rica and IN COSTA RICA

let me know if you have any more questions!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,269 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

Chocolate tour at La Tirimbina, near La Virgen, is famous and excellent. You will not be disappointed.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

Send puertoviejogroup.com/puerto-viejo-rafting-to… a email, they will help you out.

Edited: 29 August 2010, 17:01
4. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 02:35
Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

Not sure what being a foreigner living and owning a licensed local business has to do with anything on these boards, but I will respond to the question asked.

The Chocolate Tour we send people owned and run by a local indigenous women. Her name is Petronella. You can do tour on your own if you have transportation. It is very easy to find. It is on the road to BriBri and the cost is $10pp.

You can also do it as part of an organized tour that includes waterfall, and Jaguar rescue centre.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

Excuse me Cubanon do you by the way have the answer to my question...thank you Cubanon!

roadadvisor

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

Road Advisor - There are no doubt foreign investors living and acting responsibility in your country as well as providing jobs to natives. What exactly do you find wrong with this? You have made it very clear that you trust and respect Cubanon's input to this forum 100% and have stated he's the ultimate authority for Puerto Viejo so why would you question his post in the first place?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

Thank you for your question...I just like to know from Cubanon if he knows who runs that group...simple honest question...

Agree with you some foreign investors are great people not all them as we have many local not very nice investors to deal with...I just like to advice potential visitors of that area about who may be a good local group to deal with...again that is al!

I'm not questioning his ( Cubanon) post at all or his suggestion...thank you for asking!

roadadvisor from Costa Rica and IN COSTA RICA

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

$65pp for a chocolate tour Wow! (according to the link posted in the website) It had better be good. I hope the chocolate is Swiss and flown in daily.

cadillac, mi
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Chocolate Tour?

Wow....$65 for a chocolate tour!! Dang, I have just been floored by how much tours are in Costa Rica---apparently I need to travel more so I don't have sticker shock.

Colinsito,$10 pp is much more in our range. How do we find the $10 tour...we won't have a car with us?