We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

We will be there from 29th to Jan 1st.

Where are the best restaurant ?

Where is the best place to be at New Years Eve?

Also what are the good things to do. We can do Scuba diving too..

Thank you very much!!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

If the seas are calm, you might be able to do some diving, check with Punta Uva Dive center or Reef Runners, there are great hikes to take to Punta Mona, at Cahuita National Park, Voio waterfalls, kayaking off Punta Uva, snorkeling just off Arrecife Restaurant in Punta Uva, if you have not had too much rain, rafting at the Pacuare River. There will be lots of parties in many restaurants and clubs, look around when you get there, and see what you think.In the past, Eddie Ryan at Costa de Papito has had a nice NYE party with great food and calypso music, Cafe Viejo Restaurant in town serve excellent Italian food, also great party, I'm sure Mango's will be going off too. My favorite restaurants are Lidia's, Miss Sams, Tamara's, Selvins for local food, Cafe Viejo, Pita Bonita, Refugio Grill, Malbec for International foods.

Edited: 23 December 2011, 16:13
Caribesur
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

Koki Beach, located beachfront along the main drag in the center of town, is having a New Years Eve dinner along with live music, a holiday show and a DJ for those who want to celebrate into the wee hours.

Dinner reservations are highly recommended to be made ahead of time.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

Many restaurants will have a 'special" New Years dinner. For me the best restaurants are La Pecora Nera and El Refugio. Best recommendations based on our guests feedback outside PV are (apart from the two mentioned before) Jungle Love, Malbec, Pita Bonita and Que Quilombo and in Puerto Viejo The Beach Hut and Salsa Brava. Parties at many places and certainly Mango's will be hot.

One of the main activities here is the zip-line. I doubt scuba diving or snorkelling will be any good this time of year but you may be in luck if the weather is good and the ocean calm.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

Best to just walk around town and see what appeals to you. For me, I will be at Koki Beach.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

Thank you all ! I am in this town and I love it :)))))

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

I am here! Thank you for your advices !!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

Glad you made it and having a great time, hope you have a Happy New Year!!

8. Re: Best Place to be in New Years Eve??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2013, 10:23