We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

David Valley Apartments?

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
David Valley Apartments?

I am hoping to volunteer at the Jaguar Rescue Center and they have suggested lodging at the David Valley Apartments while volunteering.

Does anyone have any information on these apartments? I have not been able to find a thing about them on the web.

Thank you!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: David Valley Apartments?

I just recieved an email from the person who handles the reservations at the David Valley Apartments and it has this information:

The apartments are located on margarita road,Cocles 300 meters from the main highway to Manzanillo and Punta Uva also 800 meters from the Jaguar Center with biclicle can be about 10 minute ride ,walking about 30 minute

I would really like to find out more (and see some photos!) before committing. Hoping that the TA's will have some inside information :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: David Valley Apartments?

I think that this may be it:

puertoviejogroup.com/…

I would love to hear from someone who knows the area.

Thank you!!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: David Valley Apartments?

First let me start by saying that the owner/manager is a great friend of mine, Erick is a great local guy, from one of the oldest families in town. When we stay in Puerto Viejo we rent one of his apartments, don't have enough time to write and tell you about the great times our family and friends have had at his place. He has several dorm type rooms that he rents with a communal kitchen, plus also has some 2BR apartments on the property also with kitchens, I would recommend you try to get one of the former, you'll be more comfortable. There is cable tv and wi-fi available, Erick lives of site, so he is available for you if you have ant questions or need some help with anything, he has cleaning person that comes by almost every other day and keeps the place clean. Is in what we cal the "Cocles Bush" lots of wildlife for you to enjoy, toucans, howler monkeys, sloth, lots of birds. Though is only 300 meters from the main road, Margarita road is quite dark is spots, and I don't recommend you try to travel it at night, taxis to town will cost you about $5 each way. Cocles Beach, about 10 minutes down the road is a great place to go soak some sun and relax, be careful, if they have big waves, usually also rip tides, the small grocery store, Pirripli, is about a 10 minute walk away,and you are about a 10 minute bike ride to the rescue center.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: David Valley Apartments?

Cubanon,

Thank you so much for the terrific recommendation! It is nice to learn all of the little details.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: David Valley Apartments?

I meant to say, Erick lives on site, sorry.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: David Valley Apartments?

How did it work out? My son is heading down to volunteer in November. Did you get a bike?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: David Valley Apartments?

Hi MamaRubes,

We changed our plans for this trip but I would still like to find out more about the area and I would love to volunteer at the rescue. If you get a chance, I would love to hear what your son thinks of volunteering and the area.

8. Re: David Valley Apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 June 2012, 05:07
9. Re: David Valley Apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 June 2012, 17:56
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: David Valley Apartments?

Erick is a great person...you can openly deal with him...any body in the area can give you references since he is a local person as well as his family!

roadadvisor