We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkling at Punta Uva

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Canyon...
3 posts
Save Topic
Snorkling at Punta Uva

A while ago I found a website about someone who rented snorkling gear, boggie boards and kayaks from a place right on the beach at Punta Uva. I can ot seem to remember the name of the place or web address. I know it was not the Punta Uva Dive Center. If someone could help me out with the info that would be great.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

That would be at Arrecife, which is on the South side of the point, first left after the entrance to the Punta Uva Lounge.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

Great snorkeling there...great

roadadvisor

Grand Canyon...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

Thanks. We are so excited to get there.

Nevada City...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

The sea has been a bit rough the past week...much better today, though i didnt snorkel . No matter, this is a lovely place. Good choice.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

Punta Uva Dive shop has rentals as well, love them!

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

Nice place, I should go back soon.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

I have snorkeled most of the beaches from cahuita to manzanillo over the past 7 years, and hands down, Punta Uva has alwayts been the best. Just make sure you take someone with you and take turns watching your stuff, as theft from the beach can be a problem.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

Just wondering if people walk around there with wire cutters? Odd question, I know, but I bought one of those pacsafe things to put our belongings in while at the beach, this way we can lock our bags in it to a tree or something. More of a deterrant than anything I suppose?

(and yes, I know to leave valuables at the hotel, but thinking of hotel keys, little bit of $$, clothes, etc...)

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

Not wire cutters but machetes! Pacsafe may not hold up to a machete but I haven't tested it ;-)

Don't take anything to the beach that you care about. A few bucks for a drink maybe and flipflops locked up but leave the hotel keys with the front desk personnel.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkling at Punta Uva

Doh.... jungles... machetes.... never thought of that!! Thank you! lol

I wasn't planning on taking much with me to the beach and was planning on getting a waterproof 'wallet' that we could keep our keys and $ on our person while in the water, but leaving the keys at the hotel is not a bad idea either.

What about rented bikes, do those get stolen too, or do the rental places provide you with locks as well?