We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa chiquita- good place to stay?

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
playa chiquita- good place to stay?

i think playa chiquita looks beautiful, and we found a lodge that we really want to stay at (la kukula lodge). we'll be staying in mid-january.

is the surf any good at playa chiquita, or would we need to drive/bike to another beach to surf? i'm intermediate, husband is a beginner. we want to surf every morning.

we will have our baby (2 year old) with us, so if playa chiquita is too far away from the surf beaches to be convenient, we will probably stay somewhere else. but we like the small, quaint, natural feed of the la kukula lodge, and we'd love to stay there if possible. seems like a really relaxing place!

any thoughts?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playa chiquita- good place to stay?

Both Playa Chiquita and kukula Lodge are excellent places to stay. there is a small surf spot near by, but both Cocles and Playa Grande are about a 30 minute bike ride, less than 10 by car.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playa chiquita- good place to stay?

My advice... Stay at la kukula lodge and do whatever it takes to get to surf locations. It is a great place with a great host.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: playa chiquita- good place to stay?

thank you both for your responses! i think we'll book with la kukula- it just looked too amazing not to. now, for my next question- do you think it's essential that we rent a car? we were hoping to go car-less (we like the exercise!) but we'll have a 2 year old with us. maybe a car is better...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playa chiquita- good place to stay?

Good choice...Kukula...good choice...please anjoy our country as we natives do!

roadadvisor

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: playa chiquita- good place to stay?

Having a car is always good, but if you are willing to bike,bus,and taxis, is very doable. there are some nearby stores and restaurant near La Kukula.

6. Re: playa chiquita- good place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...