We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather & mosquitoes in early September?

USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Weather & mosquitoes in early September?

Hello,

I will be going to PV in one week. :-) I keep reading how great the weather is in September, but looking at the weather reports it appears as if it's going to be non-stop rain. Is that the case? Also, are mosquitoes an issue in early September?

thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather & mosquitoes in early September?

Don't believe weather reports in general. According to them its rains here non stop 365 days a year. September the weather is usually pretty awesome over that way. The DE's from the area will back that up. As far as everything I know September and October are the best times to go. I've been in October and it was all sun.

Cheers

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather & mosquitoes in early September?

September traditionally is one the nicest months of year. The Caribbean side of the country has a very unique weather pattern.

As for mosquitos... They are not really an issue. Properties on the beach have very few and as long as the place you are renting is equipped mosquito nets or screens, it is not an issue.

USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather & mosquitoes in early September?

Thank you!!!

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather & mosquitoes in early September?

Blazing sunshine today! We, like everyone else in the region, have felt the effects of Issac with rainfall and storms but we were very lucky. As Colin says, September is the month to be here - sun, calm seas, snorkeling, virtually no other tourist and the lobster are easy to catch so dinner is fantastic.

Mosquitoes aren't a big problem, but bring some bug spray and put it on from dusk to avoid bites.

Have a great time!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather & mosquitoes in early September?

They love me...and when I visit the Caribbean...I always bring my OFF can...and really works great!

roadadvisor

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather & mosquitoes in early September?

Always bring to some repellant with you, Cutter Advance works great for us, but in September, they might not be so bad. there are places in town where you can also find some.

7. Re: Weather & mosquitoes in early September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...