We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

What Bus?

What times does it run?

How much does it cost?

What Times does a bus return to PV

I am looking for a place to go snorkeling.

Thanks, Loving Puerto Viejo as usual.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

Catch the bus to Manzanillo and get off at Punta Uva. The MEPE bus timetable has just changed and there are more buses running than before but I don't know more than that. A few weeks ago it was around 600 colones (just over a $) but I don't know if prices have changed along with the timetable. Sorry not to be more helpful!

The weather is so wonderful right now, why not hire a bike and then you aren't tied to a bus schedule at all? So happy that you can report back on PV with love! Enjoy.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

Why not just ask around in Puerto Viejo? I am sure that hotel staff, a waiter/waitress, a taxi driver, a bartender can tell you. You might also just head for the bus station.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

Here are the local bus schedules. The cost would be around $1 or 500 colones.

puertoviejosatellite.com/…local

Cheers, Colin.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

PV to Playa Chiquita was 600 colones in April. Punta Uva will probably be just a touch more. Ask your hotel for timetable. Bus is easy to use. Have a blast

Tilaran, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
559 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

I agree with Sara F. Rent a bike for a few dollars a day and you won't have to follow the bus schedule. From PV to Punta Uva is only about 20 - 30 bike ride and you can stop along the way to enjoy the scenery. They always come with bike lock and a basket.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 04:36
Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

When I was there last Sep. the bus ran from 8AM and 12PM both directions, give or take 30 minutes, so be ready 30 minutes early and be prepared to wait another 30 minutes for any delay. I did not have many delays during a month's visit and once or twice an early bus. In PV, go to Mepe bus station, they have schedules outside facing street, as they might have changed. The price around 500 colones, or 1 USD, tell the driver you want PU stop or Arrecife beach. Best to pay in colones, b'cuz if you need change, you will get it in colones.

Carrying your own snorkel equipment, might be a problem on a bike, unless you can tie it down or have large carrier. I rode the bus and carried items daily, bikes are more convenient if you are not loaded down.

Have fun, hope this helps.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 14:44
Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

The bus schedule has changed as of last week............ the bus now runs pretty much every 2 hours......in both directions...... it is 600 colonies to get to or from PV ........... they have not posted the new schedule yet at the bus station in PV . I just watch it all day go by my place so I am learning the times that way..... I was told that there is a schedule inside the bus on a paper to look at.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

Is there just a stop in each major area or drop off on request?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

the bus drivers are very accommodating, just tell them where you want to get dropped off, they will oblige. enjoy your holiday there, it is a great relaxing spot. glad to hear it is now running every 2 hours I use it regularly.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is There A Bus I Can Take To The Beach At Punta Uva From PV?

there are two cords inside the bus that you pull to let driver know you want off.