We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More rain in mid-May or early-July?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
More rain in mid-May or early-July?

Hi, I am vacationing in the Puerto Viejo/Gandoca-Manzanillo area for a week and I have the option of coming in the middle of May (in about 3 weeks from now) or the first week of July. I plan on doing a lot of outdoor activities and realize this is the wetter time of year in CR, but out of those 2 time periods, which would be better? I noticed on the Puerto Viejo web site that the rainfall chart indicates that May is rainier than July. Is this accurate? Many thanks for any info!

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More rain in mid-May or early-July?

hard to tell, probably chances are equally good for both periods: costa-rica-guide.com/Weather/WeatherMap.html

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More rain in mid-May or early-July?

This rain and temp chart clearly shows May is a rainier month. Keep in mind, that weather patterns have been changing. My sense after living here for 8 years, this chart is a pretty good general guide.

www.puertoviejosatellite.com/weather.php

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More rain in mid-May or early-July?

If you have any possibility of coming for September/October then your chances of good weather are much, much better.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More rain in mid-May or early-July?

Puerto Viejo - Manzanillo are nice all year round.

Enjoy warm sea water

enjoy warm rain

enjoy the forest

enjoy the culture

Don't worry

Pura Vida

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
125 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More rain in mid-May or early-July?

May 2, no rain in the past week, and none in sight! It is hot, sunny, flat seas and the jungle is crazy active with fruits poppin', birds chompin', baby sloths hangin' on mommas, and monkeys drunk on fermenting fruit. I'd sure as heck get down here quick!!

6. Re: More rain in mid-May or early-July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...