We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specials Nights at Restaurants

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
591 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Specials Nights at Restaurants

Hi. We're staying in Punta Uva at Korrigan's on our upcoming trip, but we will have a car.

I'd like to know what restaurants people recommend with a special night. For example, I've already heard that Selvin's has their rondon on Friday nights. What other restaurants have a specialty that they cook only on certain nights that you'd recommend?

And...the other question is which restaurants have the cheaper specials nights - like a taco night - somewhere that might be good, but not break the bank. We do want to try some restaurants that are a little more expensive - like I've heard great things about El Refugio. However, most of our meals are going to need to be more budget minded, as we want to spend most of our money doing actual activities, not eating!

Thanks for your recommendations!

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

Most places are not that organized around here. If there were... it would most likely chnage as the weather does ;-) You should be able to connect into whats happening when you are here.

But Koki Beach does 2 for 1 drink nights every night they are open from 5-7pm. Great to watch over the water and people watch while contemplating where you will do dinner.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
591 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

Good to know! I just saw on Facebook that they just reopened after being on vacation.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

Many of the restaurants need to change menus according to availability, just need to keep your eyes open to the daily specials. Near Punta Uva, I would for sure visit Refugio Grill and Pita Bonita, also Ingrid and Erwan love food, I'm sure they can give you great advise on the dining scene around town.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

I think Puragula does sushi on wednesday (but I'd get their amazing pizza anytime) and Taco Tuesday at Tasty Waves

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
591 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

Thank you Pirate! Is the sushi all you can eat? Or is it special rolls to order individually? I heard that Chili Rojo has an Asian buffet that's all you can eat with sushi for about $12 on Monday nights. Anyone know if this is true and if it's any good?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

Chili's buffet is ok. Not sure abt the sushi.....I went on sushi nite and got the pizza :) If you're looking for cheap and good (and plenty) ck out Soda Johanna's in cocles and Ocean Cafe in town.

IF you get really lucky....you may catch the patty lady....oooh the banana pattys...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

Great advice as always by CUBANON hw knows the area beter than most of us and he will not try to sell you anything...simple nice advice...no SPAM!! ...GRACIAS Cubanon...also you may check TAMARAS restaurant...good food...nice owners.....

roadadvisor

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
591 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

Thanks for the recommendations! I don't think there is any lack of good food in the area! That is for sure! We do plan on checking out El Refugio and Pita Bonita. Pirate - I do like cheap and good! We will have to check out Soda Johanna's - already on my list! Roadadvisor - we will also look into Tamaras - as that is on my list too. And...I think you're driving us when we come, so you can tell us more details! :-)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

The Tokyo tuna at Jungle Love in Playa Chiquita. You won't find a bad review anywhere.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
591 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Specials Nights at Restaurants

So that's the dish you like there - right? They serve it all the time, don't they? It's not only on a special night of the week - is it? I did already have them on my list as I LOVE that kind of thing. Although I did read a couple of not so great reviews specifically about the fish! See here on TA tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS - I'd still try it out though.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...