We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

Another question about the PV area

My husband is the sort that likes to lay on the beach and have food and drinks brought to him...are there any beaches in the PV area that have this option? Or restaurants that are beachside that we can go get beers, food, etc without having to get dressed or back in the car? We'll have a car so we can drive to somewhere nearby as well.

Thanks in advance!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

Beach in front of Banana Azul, The Point Sport Bar, Cocles Beach Break has a few restaurant and bars, Le Camaleon Hotel beach, Punta Uva North and and South side have bars/restaurant, also Manzanillo has Maxi's. I'm sure I'm missing some, otheres will chime in.

Edited: 16 September 2013, 17:14
Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

Nearly complete Cubanon. Lazy Mon and Salsa Brava in PV.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

Thank you Gecko...Gracias Cubanon you guys are the best!

roadadvisor

kingston, ri
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

If you happen to take a day trip to Cahuita, check out the Reggae Bar at Playa Negra

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

If you want to be served right at the beach, hanging in your chairs, then I can recommend the Banana Azul Beach Club. The waiter will take your order and serve you delicous food and drinks whilst you enjoy relaxing in the comfortable beach chairs. Le Cameleon also serves food right at the beach but I am not sure whether they bring it to you or if you have to walk the 20 meters up to their beach side restaurant.

In addition to what has been already mentioned, I can recommend restaurant De Paso, a little bit out of town. They are like 20 meters from the beach and serve great food. Also in Cocles, Hotel Totem serves nice food, though in the restaurant and not the beach. They are just across the street from Beach Break. So is also Sol the Caribe, a nice small place where you can enjoy your food still having your feets in the sand.

Punta Uva Lounge and the Arecife Restaurant, both in Punta Uva, are two places which are set right at the beach. They don't serve at the beach but you are able to see the sea/beach from their tables.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

Actually Gecko Trail, if you ask at Arrecife they will gladly put a table out on the beach and serve you there.

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

Good to know that changed Geckoes. I have not found them very responsive in serving. We usually had to go inside to order.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

who is running Arrecife these days? I almost leased that place a while back.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 19:20
Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

I don't know who runs it but service is typically local and you have to win them over a bit...

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
435 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any beaches with bars/restaurants?

Don't know neither who runs it these days. We have tried to contact them a couple of times to get quotes for a wedding but have not had luck.