We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robbery of Bikers Along Road

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Robbery of Bikers Along Road

Are there still robberies of bikers happening along the road between Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo? I've seen these reported in the past, but nothing recently. I'm headed to Punta Uva next month and am planning to use bike and/or taxis to the market that's towards Puerto Viejo. My adult daughter will be along this time and we might also be up for the ride to Manzanillo.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robbery of Bikers Along Road

It seems that all the efforts of the security committee and the Fuerza Publica have paid off and I have not heard of any incident for a while now. Just make sure you use taxis after dark to be on the safe side and enjoy!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robbery of Bikers Along Road

And don't flash any expensive electronics.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Robbery of Bikers Along Road

Thank you! Good to hear the security efforts are helping.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
84 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Robbery of Bikers Along Road

photonut- my wife, daughter and i ride our bikes from punta uva to restaurants in cocles at night, and we have biked from playa negra (north) to manzanillo (south)during the day without incident during visits over the past seven years. bring headlamps for riding at night. maybe not the safest, but what a rush hearing night noises, seeing glowing animal eyes in the trees and riding in the dark. we are fellow minneapolitans. make sure to visit Caribbeans. cool place, otherworldly chocolate, inspiring ex-minneapolis owners.

5. Re: Robbery of Bikers Along Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:20